Am I registered?
Check your registration with the State Board of Elections by visiting the Voter Search Site. This will also provide you with information as to your District, Precinct, etc.
How do I register?
In person – You can register to vote at the Haywood County Board of Elections (63 Elmwood Way, Waynesville 28786, 828.452.6633). A form is available here that must be mailed or dropped off at the Board of Elections.
Online – Visit the Voter Registration site,
- Click on Go to Voter Registration Application
- Click Continue as Guest, Enter your North Carolina Driver License or DMV-issued ID Card number, Social Security number (SSN), and date of birth,
- You can register to vote, update your address, or change party affiliation. You do not need to create a PayIg account since there is no charge for this Service
Your registration must be received by the Board of Elections at least 25 days prior to Election Day. For the 2020 presidential election this would be October 9, 2020.
Same-Day registration – You may also avail yourself of Same-Day registration. This is available during the Early Voting period. You can register to vote and vote at the same time at one of the Early Voting sites.
Absentee Voting / Vote By Mail
Any North Carolina voter may vote by mail. Voters may contact their County Board of Elections to request an Absentee Ballot. Haywood BoE, 63 Elmwood Way, Waynesville 28786, 828.452.6633. No ID is needed. A form is available online at votebymail.ncsbe.gov/app/home
- Complete the Request Form,
- Return the Request Form no later than Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 5 pm.
- Receive the actual Ballot.
- Complete the Ballot and the Certification on the Envelope.
- Return the Ballot in the Envelope by mail or deliver to the Haywood Board of Elections. Check to see if you have enough postage on the envelope. The envelope must be postmarked by 5 PM on Election Day.
Where to vote
Early Voting sites and dates have not yet been announced. Check back for more information.
For detailed information on voting in NC go to: NC-Voter.
Ask the Haywood County Board of Elections: Haywood County Information
Ask the North Carolina Board of Elections: North Carolina Board of Elections