Canvassing for our local candidates is starting
As we celebrate the reunion of decency in the White House (Obamas and Bidens), we also realize that we are up against Proud Boys and the white nationalist cult (the Republican Party). We always say the current election is the most important, but this one sure seems important. Electing Cheri Beasley could mean control of the Senate. Electing Sam Ervin and Lucy Inman means reasonable people controlling the NC Supreme Court. And our local races (Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, Josh Remillard, Sheriff Larry Bryson, Commissioners Kirk Kirkpatrick and Jeff Haynes, and Tax Collector Greg West) are all a choice between sensible government and radical extremists. Did you see that Jasmine’s opponent (Chuck Edwards) is against student loan forgiveness? Yet he received a PPP loan from the government for $1.1 million which was forgiven. Enough of the ranting – you get the point. Let’s get rid of the liars and hypocrites.
We are going to the doors of 2500 voters in Haywood County who share our values but don’t always vote in the midterm elections. We need to get them out to vote.
Canvassing voters is a proven means of getting out the vote. Please call me if you would like to get involved with this effort. I really appreciate your help. The best way to get people out to vote is to ask them personally. Let’s go meet out Democratic neighbors!
Thanks, Chuck Dickson, email@example.com, 828-421-1997
General Election Candidates – Nov 8
- Cheri Beasley – https://cheribeasley.com
US House of Representatives District 11
- Jasmine Beach-Ferrara – https://www.jasmineforcongress.com
NC House of Representatives District 118
- Josh Remillard – htps://www.joshremillard.com
NC State Senate District 50
- Karen Burnette McCracken – McCracken for Senate on Google
NC Supreme Court Associate Justice Seat 03
- Lucy Inman – https://www.lucyinmanforjustice.com
NC Supreme Court Associate Justice Seat 05
- Sam J. Ervin IV (incumbent) – https://www.ervinforjustice.org
NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 08
- Carolyn Jennings Thompson – https://carolynthompsonforjudge.com
NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 09
- Brad A. Salmon – https://www.facebook.com/JudgeBradSalmon
NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 10
- Gale Murray Adams – https://judgegaleadams.com
NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 11
- Darren Jackson – https://www.judgedarrenjackson.com
NC District Court Judge District 30 Seat 03
- Roy Wijewickrama (incumbent)
Haywood County Sheriff
- Larry Bryson – Bryson for Sheriff on Facebook
Haywood County Board of Commissioners
- Jeff Haynes
- J. W. (Kirk) Kirkpatrick III (incumbent)
Haywood County Clerk of Superior Court
- Hunter Plemmons (incumbent)
Haywood County Register of Deeds
- Sherri C. Rogers (incumbent)
Haywood County Tax Collector
- Gregory W. West (incumbent)
Make Your Voice Count – VOTE!
General Election 2022 Important Dates
Sept. 9, 2022: The date by which absentee ballots are available.
Oct. 14, 2022: Voter registration deadline. Afterwards, only same-day registration during one-stop early voting is available.
Oct. 20, 2022: One-stop, in-person early voting period begins.
Nov. 1, 2022: Deadline to submit an absentee ballot request form.
Nov. 5, 2022: One-stop, in-person early voting period ends at 3 p.m.
Nov. 8, 2022: Election Day and absentee ballot return deadline
Democrats Believe In
- Supporting Families
- Protecting Democracy
- Protecting Personal Freedom
- Appreciation for those who have served in the military
- Appreciation for law enforcement